Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wow...

I just put my entry form in the mail - I'm officially running the 114th annual Boston Marathon!  I can't tell you how crazy, exciting and intimidating this is to me - guess I'd better get running!

I also just got back from an awesome First-Time Runners' meeting at Dana Farber Cancer Institute.  It was so inspiring to hear stories from other runners about why they decided to participate in the Dana Farber Marathon Challenge.  I'm getting excited for our first "offical" group run in mid-December - guess I'd better ask for some warm running clothes for Christmas! ;)

Finally, here's a, um, "semi-official" picture from last weekend's Maine Coast Half Marathon - I just hope I can have that same expression on my face when I cross the finish line on April 19...


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly - I have to ask about the user name -are you a jayhawk pilot? Or an avid ornithologist? My hb is a jayhawk pilot, which is why I'm asking. Congrats on the Maine Half!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Actually, I went to the University of Kansas and we're the Jayhawks - though I would love to fly a plane!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete